Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Safety First




Yesterday I did something very cool. I attended my first NRA Basic Handgun Safety class. I recently joined a group called The Shooting Divas. I came across them on the Meetup site. That's a really wonderful site to find people with similar interests, hobbies, etc.

The Shooting Divas is a great bunch of ladies. I've done several social events but this was my first official event with the Divas.

I don't own a hand gun. I've been wanting to purchase a hand gun for several years. I've looked at them several times but never made a purchase.

I really had fun. I got to handle and practice loading several guns. The class includes time at the gun range but I didn't do that.  The wait for the range was 2 hours so I deferred and will be going later this week or next week.

So, that was my excitement this weekend.  Will definitely post again once I've gone to the range.  That'll be loads of fun.


This is the variety of guns at the class. Some belonged to the instructor and some belonged to students.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Scary looking at that table, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad used to take me to the woods for target practice. I still remember the kick of his 357 magnum even with him holding onto the barrel.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's on Your Mind

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...