Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 5 - Cycle 1

Yesterday was actually Day #5.

Not much to report on from the weekend. Except...

It was really hard to resist snacking and cheating in general but I managed to make it through the weekend. It was hardest Saturday night. Friday I had dinner out with The Shooting Divas of DMV. I stuck to chicken and veg at the restaurant and was stuffed when I got home so no temptation then.

Saturday was filled with running around, drinking tea and reading a book at Starbucks and Caribou and a light dinner.

Then Saturday night came along. No matter what I end up doing I always end up wanting ice cream at the end of the day or evening. My only consolation was that I didn't need to go to the store for anything special. I really wanted my car to go that way. I wanted to go right instead of left at the intersection. I just kept praying for strength and kept making the correct turns. The fact that I had no reason to go back out and no reason to be in the grocery store or mini mart helped loads. I've been known to get dressed specifically for ice cream runs under the guise of going for dog food or some other item.

So hurray for making it through the first weekend. Hurray for making it through another day.

iPad went on sale this past Friday. I managed to avoid the lines of people and avoid that purchase over the weekend but I'm done waiting. Looking forward to picking up the new toy today or tomorrow. Whee!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kat,

    Thanks for your comment on The Flower Bed for the picture of my dog Whisper...you know they do all for a cookie....
    I like your blog and I am going to follow you

    Take a look on my blog if you want ...

    greetings from Belgium

    Marjo

    Marjo's Cosy Corner

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's on Your Mind

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...