Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Knit-Crochet-Pray

I'm very excited.  I wrote up a short proposal to the head of the mens/womens ministry for a project that I wanted to do this winter at my church.  I proposed to them that the men/women in the ministries ban together and make hats and scarves this fall and then donate them to the Echo Food Bank.  The Food Bank is one of the philanthropies that my church supports.  Last year I made several scarves and delivered them to the Food Bank myself.  I think I made 15 scarves total.  It was really great feeling.


My proposal was that men (yes some men do knit or crochet :-) ) and women would knit or crochet scarves and hats together but separately.  We would work on them together in spirit but wouldn't necessarily get together for stitch-n-bitch sessions.  Well, they liked my idea so much they said i could do it but only if we opened it up to the whole church.  Ack!  OK.  I can do this. 


I tried to come up with a witty name for the project.  It took me a bit but I decided on

Knit - Crochet - Pray


A neat little play/pray on words :-)

So, now I'm collecting free patterns from all over the Internet and getting my sign-up and informational flyer ready.  I'll be at a table before and after church today hoping to get some people signed up.

Wish me luck and pray for success.


Echo Sage Ombré Hat

Fall Ombré Cap


Fall ombré detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's on Your Mind

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...