Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Another New Hat

A few months ago – when it was cold – I began working on a hat.  It was a simple single crochet round hat.  The basic pattern was to go round and round and round increasing the number of stitches on each row until you have a hat big enough for your head.  I ran out of yarn and I put it aside.  I finally picked up a new skein of the same color yarn.  It’s not from the same lot of coloring but I don’t think you can tell the difference.  Instead of just continuing with the plain single crochet I decided to add a little flair to the hat.

So, I created several rows of double crochet granny square type stiching.  I finished off the edging of the cap by doing a reverse crochet.  I don’t remember where I heard about reverse crochet but thanks to You Tube I was able to figure out how to do it and made that my main edging on this hat.



Once I finished that, I decided it needed more flair.  I wanted to add beads so I began looking around my house.  I knew I had beads in one of my drawers.  (I’m not a very organized person).  Well, I found a bag of beads and ornaments.  They were from a kit.  I made these ornaments to give away one year but never gave them away.  So, I took the circle ornament and some gold thread that came with the kit and sewed the ornament onto the hat.  I don’t know if the ornament or thread will survive if/when the hat is washed, but until then, I’m very pleased with how this came out.  




This is the best close up I could get of the ornament, granny stitching and the reverse crochet.



Had to take a pic of it on my head.  I don't know how people take pictures of themselves.  Mine are always blurry or off center or just plain gross.  Anyway, there's the best shot out of too many where you can see what it'll look like on my head.

I think now it's time I get back to making squares for my afghan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's on Your Mind

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...