Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Lost Dog Food

I lost a bag of dog food.

Well not literally.  I’ve been weighing myself semi-weekly.  Not on any regular schedule but often enough to track my progress.  I’ve lost 22 pounds.

I’ve been talking to my therapist for over a year now and I’m finally making progress.  It’s a long story on what I’m doing or how I’m doing it.  It’s a combination of things:

  • In December 2009 I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.  To most people this is bad news but for me it was good news.  May be the best news.  I’m now forced to take my health seriously.  If I don’t, I could end up really hurting myself.
  • I hooked up with a really great nutritionist - Robyn Webb.  I’ve known her for years.  She writes for Diabetes Forecast Magazine, does broadcasts on TV and writes books for the ADA and she writes cookbooks too.
  • I started eating right and exercising at Bally’s Fitness.  I’m still only on a semi-regular exercise schedule but I get more and more consistent each week.
  • Lastly, I’ve begun a Bible study with some of the women at my church.  The study is called the Lord’s Table.  It focuses on our relationship with God and how he wants to and can fill the void.  It’s an interesting study and it’s really helping me to not focus on food and focus on him more.


Anyway, so I’ve lost 22 pounds. That’s equal to 1 big and 1 med size bag of dog food.  I put them in my grocery cart and tried pushing them down the aisle.  It was heavy and hard.  See what that looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's on Your Mind

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...