Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day Three of the New Job

Today's my third day at my new job. This is a small company but I'm really going to like working here.  The benefits are better than I realized and the work we'll be doing is something that I can be proud of I believe.  My title is "Senior Security Engineer."  I specialize and certification and accreditation of information systems based on the 2002 FISMA.  It sounds much more complicated than it really is.  I like what I do and am really good at it.  I'm so glad God blessed me with jobs I'm good at and that I also like to do.  Several of the guys I used to work with at SRA International are working here now. In fact, they recommended me.  I wonder which one of them is going to get the new employee bonus?  I guess they'll have to battle it out LOL!  I've spent most of the past two days filling out paperwork and working on my company-styled resume and bio.  I hate writing them.  I find it difficult to describe what I do and my expertise in the third person.

I have an office with a window and I share it with another guy.  We do the same kind of work.  He seems pretty nice and very knowledgeable which is good.  I hate working with people who think they know NIST and FISMA and then don't.

Oh, there is one thing I don't like.  This building is surrounded by trees and a small woody area so there are stink bugs in the corridor of the building.  I hate bugs.  Also, supposedly there's an occasional problem with mice.  Mice love old buildings.  They don't bother me as much as bugs do.  I'll flip out if one of those stink bugs makes its way into my office.

Of course now that I'm the new girl on the block and want to make a good impression I'm not on Facebook as much. Oh, oh.  I think my plants in Farmville and food in CafeWorld are going to spoil and die.  Ack!!!  I was doing so well leveling up.  That's going to be a hard habit to break.

One last good thing.  I calculated that my last paycheck from Smartronix will arrive on April 9 and my first paycheck from this new job will arrive on April 15.  That means that I'll actually get paid three times this month.  Yeah!!!  I could use the extra cash.  It'd time for me to do some shopping for some summer pants and shirts for both work and play.

That's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's on Your Mind

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...