Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Head Over Heels

I had a MOST embarrassing moment yesterday.  Nearly gave my mom a heart attack in the process.  I was sitting outside enjoying the beautiful sun in my Mom’s backyard with my dogs.  I was sitting on her back stoop.  When the dogs started bugging me I figured it was time to go inside so I stood up, or at least I tried too.  I’m not sure which one of my beasts it was but one of the flexi-leashes got wrapped around me a bit.  I tried to untwist myself and began to lose my balance.  Just as I was beginning to think I had regained my balance I began to lean forward.  I knew then it was all over.  Clumsy girl hadn’t regained her balance.  In a split moment I remembered the instructor from one of my self defense classes telling us not to put out our arms to brace the fall.  That’s how you get broken wrists and arms.  So, I tucked my arms in.

You wanna know what happens when you tuck in at the top of a hill.  Yeah, that’s right.  You go tumbling down in.  I flipped over in a somersault and slid down the hill.  Splat!

I screamed as I was falling - cuz that’s how I do.  The scream scared the heck outta Mom.  She thought the dogs had gotten lose or something worse.

Somehow in the tumble I twisted my ankle.  The same ankle I twisted up several years ago when I wiped out walking the dogs in the snow and ice.  Luckily I didn’t get hurt just a little sore and bruised my ego.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention.  The best part of the whole incident is where I landed.  Right in a stinky fresh pile of doggie doo.  Eww!!

Well at least I got a cute pic of the dogs before taking the header.

This is the hill I tumbled down

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen, you are too funny! I'm glad this story had not-too-scary ending. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's on Your Mind

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...