Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Catching Up

So, I committed to writing daily.  Ha!  I shoulda known I wouldn’t be able to keep with my commitment to myself.  Oh well, today is a new day and a new chance for me to start again.

So, my quest to find a new job is over.  So much has happened.  I really should have been blogging about it.  First, my boss met with two of the VPs of the company I work for on Wednesday of last week and told them he would not stand to have me or another person on our team terminated. So, they agreed to keep me and have me work on another contract/project short-term.  Unbeknownst to them, I have been waiting on a job offer from another employer.  I didn’t say anything because I wasn’t sure when or if the job offer I wanted would come.  I began to doubt it was going to happen.

See, I’ve been trying to get a job with this company for quite a while.  Several of my friends work for them and really like the company.  I interviewed with them over a year ago but they couldn’t hire me.  The owners have kept in touch with me.  Invited me to their office for team lunches and even invited me out to have lunch with them and my friends.  The stars have just never lined up so that I was available and they were in a position to bring on a new person.

Finally!!!  It is all syncing up.  I got the job offer from them around 8pm Friday evening and I sent my resignation notice to my boss Monday morning.  I spent the weekend praying and thinking about this decision.  I really needed to be certain this was the correct choice for me.

I wish I could say it’s because I’m a phenomenal NIST/FISMA C&A expert but it’s not.  I am an expert, but it’s all because of God that I am as good at my job as I am.  I feel weird that my resignation had to happen after my boss had already gone to the mat for me, but for some reason God wanted us all to be waiting.  I don’t know why God makes us wait.  Some say it’s so we’ll draw close to him.  I spent a lot of time the past two weeks catching up on my Bible studies and praying to God for strength and understanding.  I don’t understand yet why it all played out the way it did but I thank God that I never lost my job and that I am getting an opportunity to work at Securicon with my other IT hacker friends.

So, that's as much of recap as I can give without droning on and one too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's on Your Mind

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...