Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Who Am I?

I really had to give that some thought recently.  Not because anyone asked me but because I found myself preparing to give a short "elevator pitch" for my chapter of The Well Armed Woman.  I had no idea how to give an elevator pitch on this organization, my chapter or any topic for that matter.  So, I went to my best friend - Google.  To my surprise I didn't find all that much useful information. Tons of sample 4-5 minute speaches but no outllines.  Hey, all I wanted was for someone to tell me what it is you're supposed to say in 4-5 minutes?  Was it too much to just want to be able to plaigairize someone else's outline?  Well, apparently it was.  I was on my own.  So I went with the tried and true - Who, What, Where, When, Why and How. 

How'd it go?

Well, I got nervous.  My eyes wouldn't focus on my cheat sheet and I completely went off book.

But, the ladies at the network luncheon seemed happy with my pitch and were even comfortable enough with me that they asked questions and even wanted me to reveal where I had my current handgun concealed on that particular day.

Because I want to get back in to writing my blog I think I'm going to focus on the 4Ws and an H for my next few posts so that you'll know who I am and you'll know about my latest adventure in the world.

So, Who am I?
  • 42 y.o. woman
  • Born/Raised in Pittsburgh
  • Moved to VA in 1992
  • Single Woman
  • Christian
  • Dog Owner and Lover
  • Hobbies: Crochet, reading and guns 
  • Certified NRA Range Safety Officer and Certified NRA Basic Pistol Safety Instructor
  • Member of NRA and VCDL
  • Gun Owner
  • Advocate for the 2nd Admendment
  • A total dork when it comes to politics 
  • New Chapter Leader for TWAW
  • A Well Armed Woman - in mind, body and spirit
Who are you?  Are you Well Armed?  What do you use for your Armor?

1 comment:

  1. I used to be well armed, but once I adopted, I turned fearful..SO I gave up my Walther PPK...Maybe you could give me lessons again and I would feel more confident!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's on Your Mind

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...